In addition to detailed, separate urban and watershed modeling, PCSWMM provides the unique opportunity to integrate urban storm/combined sewers and watershed models, with dynamic interaction.
- Utilize quick sub-model creation/analysis and model merging tools to allow detailed study of sub-areas or sub-systems and easy merging of multiple models
- Create comprehensive macro models that include natural or rural areas, river systems, urban drainage systems, storage, treatment and receiving waters
- Efficiently manage large (100,000+ entity) data sets with PCSWMM's powerful, scalable GIS engine
- Automate the delineation of subcatchments and the creation of open channels from digital elevation models
- Accurately represent flooded areas with integrated 1D-2D modeling
- Incorporate dynamic, spatially variable rainfall with raingage-calibrated radar rainfall
- Account for groundwater interflow, pollutant build-up, wash-off, routing and removal, real-time control, modeling, backwater effects from receiving channels